Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Monday, March 31, 2014

Eyes to see and ears to hear

My husband took the kids to the beach yesterday. They'll be coming back in a few hours but while they were gone I was able to go through paperwork that's been sitting on my counter for months. Of course I was also able to go to my favorite frozen yogurt place for a bit of a treat, but that goes without saying. One of the things I found was a bulletin from a church we visited months ago. I had written down the questions asked by the pastor and meant to mull over them and answer them. Instead they got buried on the pile, surfacing every now and then for a quick read and momentary thought, only to be re-buried.

If you were to pray for eyes to see and ears to hear, how might God transform your outlook on your current reality? How will you invite God into your life experience this week? What choices will you make this week in order to value the needs to others rather than focus exclusively on your own needs?

Now I have brought them to the light once again and it's time to fulfill that promise to myself to not just read, but to act. I will pray for eyes to see and ears to hear. I will pray for a transformation of reality. I will invite God into my life experiences this week and I will make choices to value the needs of others rather than to focus exclusively on my own needs.

Here we go...


1 comment: