Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

10 things right now...again

When I wrote my first 10 Things Right Now, I mused that it might become a series of posts, celebrating each of my children right now.  So today, in honor of my eldest's birthday, I write for him.

10 Things Right Now - for Andrew

1. If you are truly 19 today, then that makes me old. Then again, 20 would make me ancient. Let's wait a year for that.

2. Clean your room; I'm on my way.

3. You bought your first car and it's sitting in our driveway at home. Enjoy it and be safe!

4. I think you have watched more movies in the past 6 months than I have watched in my entire life. Since you're a film major, I guess that's a good thing. Just think, if you took up a hobby like crocheting or knitting, you could get so many projects done during all that movie watching.

5. I miss your sarcasm and sense of humor around the house.

6. You are allowing all of us to come to Kentucky to visit you at college. You're brave. We considered standing outside of your class to wave and call and thoroughly humiliate you as you exited but that was quickly voted down.

7. You made the transition from high school to college very well. You were ready to go, you needed to go, and you are thriving.

8. You are the greatest oldest brother. Your younger siblings look up to you. They love when you call them. They are thrilled to finally see where you live and work and go to school.

9. You are going to be an RA next year. Congratulations on that honor. You probably don't want to hear this, but in that regard, you're a chip off both parental blocks.

10. I am so proud to call you my son. Even if you are making me older. Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment