Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Kangaroo care

My parents went to Utah and all I got was this stupid ... diaper?

Yes, it's true.  We didn't bring home any T-shirts or souvenirs, didn't have time for any of that.  But the nurses did open a new pack of diapers to send some home for the kids.  HopeAnne first started with her doll but found that was too big.  She soon came back with a Beanie Baby - a perfect fit!  And the more I looked at it, the more I realized that yes, that's about the size of his body.

It was so hard to leave little Victor yesterday.  I know there's really nothing I can do there but I'm a mom.  Moms are supposed to be with their babies.  But they're also supposed to be with their older children and husband so here I am.  Got home in time to pack for the trip to Virginia Beach and graduation.  The Good Doctor was given the honor, from all of the graduate students, to give the student speech during the graduation ceremony.  He will also be honored with the graduate student of the year award.  So we will go.

Knowing we had to leave, the nurse practitioner asked if one of us wanted to hold Victor.  He's scheduled to be held only on Sundays and Thursdays right now to see how he tolerates it.  So offering to let us hold on a Wednesday was definitely stretching the rules but Mollie clearly knew what it would mean.  Since John won't be back for over a month, he was more than happy to oblige.

Victor did exactly what he was supposed to do, reach out and touch his daddy's skin.  He loved listening to Daddy hum to him.

My hand and Victor's hand.

Prayer needs remain the same.  John talked with the NICU this morning.  Most things are the same but the very good news is that Victor's need for oxygen support is down to 25%.  It had been anywhere from 30-40%.  This could change again, but for now, we praise God for the VICTORy!  Pray that he would not develop an infection or any major complication.  I want it to be so obvious to the doctors that this little one is just one miracle after the other.  I also want him to be home much earlier than the doctors could ask or imagine.  Eph. 3:20-21

Pray for my Mama's heart that is so torn.  I can't wait to get back to Utah but I also can't imagine leaving everyone else indefinitely.

Praise God for all of the people who have stepped up to help in our absence these past few days and in my absence in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment