Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Photos

Today I bring you pictures of this little cutie pie.


Never mind the ridiculously oversized undershirt.  I believe it's what all the little NICU babies are wearing.

He was so awake and alert for a whole hour!  It was almost like having a normal, full-term baby instead of a preemie.

He kept putting his head back so he could look up and around.


This made me so happy!  And I needed this bright spot today.

After several weeks with Victor's bradies getting fewer and farther in between, yesterday and today have been a step back with multiple bradies each day.  He self recovers fairly quickly and his oxygen needs remain low, but these episodes are never a good thing, especially as we look to get out of here in a few weeks.  Victor will have to go a week without bradies before we can go home.  To add insult to injury, we had several run-ins with a very rude nurse today.  It's possible that she's just having a bad day, or that I read her incorrectly, or that I rubbed her the wrong way or even that I did something wrong that I don't know.  Maybe we're both passive aggressive?  However, it's certainly not helping a large amount of homesickness and discouragement today.

So, prayer requests...

No more bradies!  This is prayer request Number 1.  Let's join together and claim this in prayer.  May the God who gave Victor breath when he could have died, breathe healing breaths into him today.

The OT was to come back from vacation yesterday.  At this point the nurses aren't sure her schedule for this coming week.  Please pray that we get the earliest possible appointment (what conflict could Victor and I possibly have when we're available all day, every day?).  Please pray that Victor is ready to begin eating.

A spirit of love and forgiveness.  While I don't want this nurse to ever be assigned to us again, I also want to be kind and gracious.  And I'm not good at speaking up for myself to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

Please just pray this verse over me:
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NLT

And I do have so much to be thankful for, a loving family at home that is doing well, a new Utah church (closer to my new apartment) and a refreshing morning there, spending time with Katrina this weekend, a growing baby boy (not only reaching the big 5-0 today, but weighing in at 5 lb. 1 oz., almost 5 lb. 2 oz.!) , wonderful nurses who have allowed me to interact with Victor in as many ways as I can and caring for both of us as if we're family, my mom and Mariana coming on the 6th, and knowing that we are near the end of our time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment