Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Monday, June 3, 2013

Quick Update

I'm enjoying my time at home, spending time with each member of the family as well as crossing items off a very long list of things to do in a short amount of time.  I am so thankful that I could be here to celebrate Hope's birthday on Saturday, to be at Jesse's cello recital yesterday, and to celebrate Andrew's graduation tonight.  It's been a good, but exhausting, trip home.  I usually try to force myself to sleep and to get on the right time schedule but that hasn't been possible this time.  Hopefully I'll sleep on the plane tomorrow morning and be able to get right back to my Utah schedule when I arrive at my second home tomorrow.

The hospital has kept us up-to-date on Victor's status and progress and Katrina's daily photo documentary has helped me to feel like I haven't left.  Victor is 2 lbs. 14 oz., so close to 15 oz. but not quite.  Maybe he'll be three pounds by the time I return! They have weaned his high flow down to 2.0 LPM on Saturday and he has been tolerating this very well.  He is progressing according to the schedule they would expect.

Pray that Victor and I can get right back to bonding when I return.

Please pray for each member of my family as you feel led.  Life goes on for each of us despite the craziness of this situation and we all deal with it in different ways.  Pray for positive influences for each child while I'm not here.

1 comment:

  1. I read this verse paraphrase in the Purpose Drive Life today and thought of little Victor and how God is working in and through him. "God is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of-infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes" Eph. 3:20

    ReplyDelete