Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

This is dad

Happy Father's Day to one and all.  Since my family ate without me to celebrate Mother's Day.  I ate without them today to celebrate Father's Day.  It was only fair.  Not to mention necessary.

I found a gray hair this morning.  I'm blaming it on Victor but I'm claiming that I grew it in honor of the Good Doctor, to sympathize with him on Father's Day.  I pulled it out and tried to save it for him but I think the hair dryer blew it away.  Oh well.  I'm sure there will be more.

I also killed a spider all on my own this morning.  This was a gift to both my father and the father of my children who have both been called in to dispose of multi-legged creatures attempting to torment me.

In all seriousness, I am so thankful for wonderful Christian parents, grandparents, and aunts and uncles (I can celebrate them all today, right?) who have taught me so much about self-sacrifice, service, and faith in God.  And when I talked to my dad on the phone today, it was he whole blessed me once again by telling me he supported what I'm doing, one hundred percent.  I love that my family has accepted my children regardless of who shares a bloodline and who doesn't.  That is the family of God.

But on to my tribute to the father of my children.  In honor of this special day, I decided to forego the Hallmark poem for an original.  Yes, I do write poetry, too.  Because I'm such a romantic.  So, for you, Good Doctor, on your day...


This is the house that God built.

This is the Dad that lives in the house that God built.

This is the Dad who once said, “No!” to my large family plans, that lives in the house that God built.

This is the Dad who landed the social work job that changed his mind, who once said, “No!” to my large family plans, that lives in the house that God built.

This is the Dad who had two sons, who landed the social work job that changed his mind, who once said, “No!” to my large family plans, that lives in the house that God built.

This is the Dad who then got Drama, who had two sons, who landed the social work job that changed his mind, who once said, “No!” to my large family plans, that lives in the house that God built.

This is the Dad who next had Laughter, who already had Drama, who had two sons, who landed the social work job that changed his mind, who once said, “No!” to my large family plans, that lives in the house that God built.


This is the Dad who wanted more schooling, who already had Laughter, who already had Drama, who had two sons, who landed the social work job that changed his mind, who once said, “No!” to my large family plans, that lives in the house that God built.

This is the Dad who owed me the next one, because he wanted more schooling, who already had Laughter, who already had Drama, who had two sons, who landed the social work job that changed his mind, who once said, “No!” to my large family plans, that lives in the house that God built.

This is the Dad who was smitten by fostering, who owed me the fifth one, because he wanted more schooling, who already had Laughter, who already had Drama, who had two sons, who landed the social work job that changed his mind, who once said, “No!” to my large family plans, that lives in the house that God built.

This is the Dad whose heart broke for the one, who was smitten by fostering, who owed me the fifth one, because he wanted more schooling, who already had Laughter, who already had Drama, who had two sons, who landed the social work job that changed his mind, who once said, “No!” to my large family plans, that lives in the house that God built.

This is the Dad who told me it was time for another, whose heart broke for the one, who was smitten by fostering, who owed me the fifth one, because he wanted more schooling, who already had Laughter, who already had Drama, who had two sons, who landed the social work job that changed his mind, who once said, “No!” to my large family plans, that lives in the house that God built.


This is the Dad who can’t tell adopted from other, who told me it was time for another, whose heart broke for the one, who was smitten by fostering, who owed me the fifth one, because he wanted more schooling, who already had Laughter, who already had Drama, who had two sons, who landed the social work job that changed his mind, who once said, “No!” to my large family plans, that lives in the house that God built.


This is the Dad who is unconditional love, who can’t tell adopted from other, who told me it was time for another, whose heart broke for the one, who was smitten by fostering, who owed me the fifth one, because he wanted more schooling, who already had Laughter, who already had Drama, who had two sons, who landed the social work job that changed his mind, who once said, “No!” to my large family plans, that lives in the house that God built.

This is the Dad, who is my husband, who is unconditional love, who can’t tell adopted from other, who told me it was time for another, whose heart broke for the one, who was smitten by fostering, who owed me the fifth one, because he wanted more schooling, who already had Laughter, who already had Drama, who had two sons, who landed the social work job that changed his mind, who once said, “No!” to my large family plans, that lives in the house that God built.

And one more verse?

This is the Dad who won’t be done til he’s dead, who is my husband, who is unconditional love, who can’t tell adopted from other, who told me it was time for another, whose heart broke for the one, who was smitten by fostering, who owed me the fifth one, because he wanted more schooling, who already had Laughter, who already had Drama, who had two sons, who landed the social work job that changed his mind, who once said, “No!” to my large family plans, that lives in the house that God built.

On to Victor...

Yesterday was a bit rougher than previous days.  He was feeling a little constipated (sorry, but it's true), he'd been poked and prodded all day, and his feeds were compacted to 45 min./feed instead of 60.  Success in the constipation realm meant that he lost some weight, down to 3 lbs. 14 oz.  By evening he was tolerating the compacted feeds better.  Praying for a great day today as we both miss his dad and siblings and for strong lungs that take big oxygen-filled breaths.  Praying we get home to PA sooner than expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment