Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Enlarge my territory

Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.  1 Chronicles 4:10

I know that this verse has been misused by so many.  I have never believed that it is asking for material and financial wealth.  Since studying it for about 10 years now, I have watched God move us to a new area, and start The King's Strings, both of which have enlarged our territory.  John and I have enjoyed speaking engagements for various family groups, parents, and couples.

A few years ago, I was meeting with a friend who was praying for me.  In her prayer, she prophetically shared, "You will be doing something significant on your own, not just a ministry with John."  I wrote her words down so I could remember them, and pondered them in my heart.

And now, my blog has been read by thousands of people.  Some posts about Victor and his adoption have been read by more than 2000 people alone.  Through that, I'm being asked to speak to women's groups.  I am humbled.  I am thrilled.

Lord, enlarge my territory to shine your light and bring your love to others.

Victor is still in a holding pattern; 6 feeds a day, 1 brady a day.  Pray for more feedings, no bradies!  He has been very stuffy which is what the NP said is holding her back from switching all feeds to bottle feeds.  He's still gaining weight on his own, now up to 5 lb. 4.5 oz.

The neonatologist has started to talk with us about how we're getting home.  We were thankful to hear him say that his recommendation is for us to fly home.  And now we wait...

Please pray us home!

Update: 6:15 MT Several bradies this afternoon.  Please pray NO MORE BRADIES!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! The Lord spoke to me through this verse last summer shortly after I began my own speaking and writing ministry. It is so awesome that He is using you in this way and that you are answering His call!

    ReplyDelete