Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

I'm challenged


I have this friend named Kym who has been trying for several years to get me to join this writing challenge. I tried ignoring her. But she's persistent. Every February it's the same thing; multiple emails espousing the virtues of writing on a daily basis, suggestions for posts, and support for my endeavors. And every February I say thanks but no thanks. And that works for about 345 days. Then the emails start coming again. This time I told her that if I outlive her I'm going to see that "persistent" is written on her gravestone. She said that was fine as long as it didn't also say "pain in the butt." Hmmm. There's a thought. This year she even suggested my kids might want to join the challenge. Again, hmmm. That proposition may just bring about her early demise after all. I wonder, do you pay per letter when creating a gravestone?

Don't tell Kym, but I guess persistence pays off because I'm going to do it. I'm going to write every day for the month of March. After that, I may just take April off.

And if this should happen to cause my early demise, I wonder what Kym is going to have written on my gravestone?

No comments:

Post a Comment