Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Spring has sprung
1. I was awakened by birds, not kids.
2. The kids are spending more time outside than in.
3. We've had our first "shoe-meets-dog-poop" incident of the season.
4. I started pulling the boxes of spring and summer clothes out of the attic and the little girls are thrilled to be trying on "new" clothes. The boys, not so much.
5. I have laundry on the line and my laundry-hanging shoes are back in their rightful place by the door.
6. Those big, black, and ugly spiders are once again trying to get room and board in my house. No thank you.
7. With children gathered round for a teachable moment, I pointed out the crocuses blooming in the backyard. Only to have my seven year old inform me that the purple flowers are blooming, too.