Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, March 4, 2016

Out of the mouths of (teenage) babes

You never know what kind of conversation you will overhear in our house. When the age range goes from 2 - 47, you could be talking about not putting pee on the floor, your field trip to the state capital, discussing the conjugation of verbs from Spanish class, which general education classes you need to take this semester, or which parent is going to do most of the taxi driving tonight. Or sometimes, your teenagers have a conversation like this:

Teen Sister: I realize that Nobody is probably responsible for this but college can't come soon enough for me and I am really tired of sharing a bathroom with two teen boys and since Nobody did this I'm really not sure why I'm saying this but could you please leave my stuff alone? I don't really appreciate finding a dime stuck in the top of my face wash bottle. It's not funny and it took me forever to remove it.

First Teen Brother (with a very confused look on his face): Ummm, I'm not sure what you're talking a - ......

Second Teen Brother (not seeing the problem here): Oh yeah, about that. I'll get it out for you.

Me (incredulous that someone not only admitted to the deed but doesn't see a problem with the whole scenario): Wait. You're saying you did this while you were not only conscious of your actions but completely sane?

Second Teen Brother (still not seeing the problem): Yeah, well, I was on the toilet and I was bored. I saw the face wash and I thought it was empty and I had a dime so I just shoved it in there.

Teen Sister: Never mind. I got it out but it took me forever and I'm not very happy just so you know.

And that was that.

Like I said, you never know what you're going to hear around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment