Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Prepare for your prayers

I sat down to write in my journal this morning (notice a writing theme here, I've got a journal, memory books for each of the kids, a writer's notebook, a reader's notebook, and a blog, my kids are going to have a lot to go through when I'm gone!) and a line at the top of the page popped out at me. It was from yesterday morning and I had written, "God, use me in any way you want to bring glory to you. Amen." I didn't remember writing it at first but as I thought about it, I remembered writing it after reading another chapter in Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman (excellent book, by the way, and I highly recommend it). I also remembered writing it with some hesitation, knowing that when we pray these prayers, we will often be surprised in the way in which God answers.

I was. I obviously did not have a car accident and a (likely) totaled van in mind when I prayed that prayer. I can't even begin to fathom how the prayer and the events of last evening are connected, but I have total confidence that it was no surprise to God.

In the grand scheme of things, this is a small blip in God's timeline. I get such a short span of time to play my role; to live my part of the story. I refuse to let Satan have the upper hand. So we're fighting a battle today but the good news is, I already know who wins.

I also noticed that underneath that prayer I had written, "The prayer of a follower, not a fan. It's scary to pray that prayer, but I'm so ready."

So, ready or not, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment