Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Monday, March 23, 2020

The Corona sea parts

Mortals make elaborate plans, but God has the last word.
Humans are satisfied with whatever looks good; God probes for what is good.
Put God in charge of your work, then what you've planned will take place.
Proverbs 16:1-3 (MSG)

One morning in January, as I sat before God in silence, I very clearly heard instruction to pursue something totally out-of-character for me.  I spent the next half hour wrestling and crying, arguing with God that these marching orders couldn't possibly be for me.

I spent the next month talking to prayer partners, professionals, and of course, the Good Doctor. Go for it, they all said. Times with God continue to reinforce the direction.

So I took the next step, and the next, and the next. I was scared to death but after a lifetime of trusting His leading, ready to find my feet on the top of the waters, reminding myself to keep my eyes focused on my only lifeline.

And then I got a job. I was excited about this job - its enjoyable aspects and its flexibility for our family - but the timing seemed a little worrisome, starting the week before this other big leap of faith.

And then I watched in ever-widening circles of faith, as God parted the waters, removing all other distractions, time-consuming activities which I enjoyed but which were going to take precious time from the beginning of this new endeavor - the church was closed so no more interpreting or teaching, the college closed so no tours at the museum, a conference in Texas postponed til the fall... It began to feel, to my overwhelmed soul, what it must have also looked like to the Israelites to stand at the Red Sea and watch it miraculously part.

So this morning, to read, "Put God in charge of your work, then what you've planned will take place," demanded an emphatic, "Yes!" Just watch the sea part.

No comments:

Post a Comment