Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Speaking of...

Growing up, speech class was my least favorite subject. Right behind math. And chemistry. And physics, too. Yes, it was definitely in my bottom five.

So it's to everyone's surprise that I do a lot of public speaking now. Especially my former English teachers. One of them happened to be in attendance when I spoke once. Did she want to change those old record sheets? No more "too quiet" or "too fast" or "too short" (the speech, not the speaker, since there wasn't a whole lot you could do about the latter's stature).

But it was also a surprise to me when Eden came home from one of her first days of school and told me that she had signed up for the Speech and Debate Club. Better you than me, dearie.

And yet another surprise when she found herself in second place, and headed to States for her speech.

Congratulations, Eden! Keep following your own path. I know that God has great plans for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment