Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

My kids think they're so funny

After a recent holiday I was minding my own business, driving some of the family home while the rest of the family was a few miles ahead in a separate car.  Suddenly my co-pilot started laughing at a text she had just received from that car full of my loved ones,

"Mariana says that they all just figured out that in total, you were pregnant more months than you were in college."

They think they're so funny. And smart. Mostly funny. They thought it was hilarious.

Ha ha. Joke's on you. I also got an almost-masters way-back-when. Those credits have to count for something. Do those months push my secondary education total higher than my pregnancy total?

Whatever.  Laugh if you want but none of you would be here if it wasn't for those months and months of pregnancy.

So whenever anyone posts those stupid elephant encounters where they extol the virtues of elephant mothers and how fiercely they protect their young and how the female elephants all surround and support each other, think about how their offspring must make so much fun of them for being pregnant 104 weeks with each of them! Multiply that times five and even the Good Doctor would have been pregnant longer than he was in school. Maybe. I didn't go to college for math so I wouldn't know. And besides, I was there less than I was pregnant. I'm not that smart, obviously. But stop the elephant envy. Just stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment