Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, March 13, 2020

A day later

Who knew that your wife was being born somewhere in Atlanta, approximately twenty-four hours before you? Who knew that if you had not taken so long to arrive, you could have been the elder? Oh well, I survived being ten days overdue, and in labor for over twenty-four hours. You had your chance.

Anyway, it was when you were home for my birthday last fall that I was most impressed with your maturity, and your spiritual maturity in particular. Of course there have been many times in the past that I have been overjoyed with yet another step of independence but something really stuck out to me that weekend.

We were going around the room talking about changes as many of you were dealing with significant life changes at that time. You had recently come through the election and the governor had not been re-elected. You did not yet have a new job but you said something like, "I'm honestly more at peace than I thought I would be." Wow! That one statement said a lot to me about who you are and how far you've come. And soon after, you did find yourself in a new role, one which was basically handed to you because of a job-well-done in your previous position.

Life is a journey of (hopefully) growing more and more like Christ. I love to watch each of my children as they live lives reliant on Him. May this year be another year of living and growing in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment