Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, April 13, 2018

Victor-isms for a birthday boy



Victor: I love you.
Me: I love you, too.
Victor: I was talking to myself.



He's spunky, snuggly, loving, cute, wild, vibrant, active, and bright.
Age 1


He's also easily angered, often dysregulated, scary, and hurtful.

But today, on his 5th birthday, we focus on the loving side.

Age 2


And the comedic side.

Victor: I spilled water.
Me: Okay, go ahead and find a new shirt and change your shirt.
Victor: But I got it all over my face. I need a new face, too.

Age 3

He's a true miracle and a special part of our family.
Age 4


Happy birthday to my candle-blowing-but-hair-singed 5 year old!


Counting my candles - just to be sure they didn't cheat me out of a year.

5 candles, just like 5 fingers, right?
Not quite, buddy.

That's it - 5!


 A little too close, oops.

Look at that spit fly!

Braille Uno, working on number recognition
Teacher moms always give gifts with education in mind



And one more, just because it's a beautiful day...

Victor: I'm getting used to bare footing.

********************

And when his sister called him on the phone to wish him a happy birthday...

Victor: Okay, Ana, we're going to talk about sharing. But you're not allowed to talk until I'm done talking.
Ana: Okay.
Victor: Now, kids, do you know what it means to share?
Ana: Yes.
Victor: No, don't talk til I'm done talking.

Ana: I need to go.
Victor: No, you can keep talking.
Ana: Can you go get Mom?
Victor: No, I want to keep talking.

Later...
Ana: Victor, I really need to go.
Victor: That makes me really sad. Does that make you sad?




2 comments: