Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Sunday, April 22, 2018

There's art...

I am not an artist. Not at all. Sometimes I can fake it by copying an idea on Pinterest or a how-to-teach-art-to-your-kids website, but that's it.

So how I got so many children who not only enjoy art, not only look talented to me, but who also have art teachers who appreciate and admire their talent, is beyond me.

All my art teacher ever said to me was, "You need to try harder."

Except I was. And that piece you just returned to me was the result.

Andrew had artwork in the intergenerational art show at Penn View when he was in elementary school.

Jesse had artwork in the Mechanicsburg Schools annual art show when he was in middle school.

And more recently, Eden was also in this art show.

They don't get it from me!






And then there's the preschool art show. The one where everyone gets an entry. The one where your teacher says things like, "I love this painting. I can tell you used your fingers. And blue is my favorite color. It reminds me of the sky..."



Finally, a child who gets his artistic "talent" from me!


No comments:

Post a Comment