Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Monday, April 30, 2018

Prom...again

It's prom season again.

That time of year when some teens turn to outrageous and outlandish prom-posals and some just text the question.

That time of year when some dip into their bank accounts for new or rented formal wear and others wear what they have.

That time of year when some parents, who seemingly don't know how to have just one high schooler at a time, divide and conquer to make sure everyone is covered and the pictures are taken.

I've never been to a prom so I have to live through my children in this regard. I can't say I'm a fan of the event. It just seems to cause more angst and hurt feelings than necessary for teens who are already struggling with identity and self esteem.

But this year I had two favorite parts. I loved having dinner with Mary before prom and yes, she successfully kept that white dress clean!


And I also loved chatting with Shoun the next day when I asked him about his evening. He had some great insights into the money that teen-agers spend on just one night when a greater percentage of the world lives in poverty. Sobering but I loved hearing his heart.





May every teen know where their true identity lies and be willing to give up their treasures so others may have enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment