Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Daily bread

I spent some time in the church's prayer room today. My first half hour or so was at the cross. I started by praying The Lord's Prayer.


“‘Our Father,
who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy name,
10 
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
11 
Give us this day our daily bread...


And that's where I got stuck. At the bread. It wasn't that I didn't know the rest, I've been saying this since I was little (hence the thees and thous). I got stuck because that's what Jesus wanted to talk with me about today. He wanted to remind me that bread isn't always physical. Sometimes He wants us to ask for Him to be our daily bread, our daily nourishment, the One who keeps us going when we can't go on ourselves.

It was a rough week, that whole my-soon-to-be-kinergartner-doesn't-look-like-your-soon-to-be-kindergartner thing started it but then a district-wide strings concert added to it, when I realized that my 5-years-from-now-fourth grader likely won't have the focus or personality to join the family way and play a stringed instrument.

So today I needed the reminder that He is all I need. He is my daily sustenance.

Jesus gave me a picture of this. In it, we were standing together and He was holding a loaf of bread, the kind some churches use for communion. Jesus offered it to me and I took a small piece and started to eat. He held the loaf out again and said, "No, more. You need to eat. You need to come more often. You need to eat more. You need to let me fill you."

He's right and it's true. I'm meeting with two other woman and we're working on writing our "Rule of Life". It's been a good practice to think about what's really important, especially as I am transitioning into next year where all of the children will be in school (here's hoping!). Where should I spend my time? Why am I here?

To remember that the most important thing is that I spend time with Christ. That I eat of the Daily Bread until I am full.

No comments:

Post a Comment