Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Monday, June 29, 2015

A picture

It started with a picture in my head.  I described it to a family friend who drew it out for me. Unfortunately, the drawing is either gone or misplaced. I looked, believe me.

When it looked like the picture in my head, she helped me transfer the drawing to pattern and we started cutting out the prototype using a little of this and a little of that including (if memory serves me well) a sheet set that had been a wedding gift to my parents. My apologies to the giver of that sheet set whose gift only lasted for 25 years.

The result was this lovely creation.

Which I wore for the wedding rehearsal. Why not?

And then it became this...

Which became this.

It was exactly as I had pictured and what I was looking for - simple, no train to break, get stepped on or ripped at the outdoor reception, and a one-of-a-kind creation that was short enough for my stature and for me to wear ballet slipper-ish shoes rather than heels. My kids make fun of it all the time. They don't realize that their clothes will be just as dated when their children look at their pictures.


So imagine my surprise when, on a whim, my daughter tried it on one day and announced, "Wow! I like this a whole lot better than I thought I would."


And to think it started with a dream to make my wedding dress and a picture in my head.

Happy Anniversary to The Good Doctor and me.


No comments:

Post a Comment