Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October 14

My grandfather died October 14, 1992.




My second son was born October 14, 1996.

My grandfather did not live long enough to meet any of his great grandchildren. Just being in an enclosed area with his children and grandchildren caused him to turn his hearing aids down. I know that my household would elicit the same response from him
.

But if he and Jesse had been able to find a quiet space to chat, I think they would have found some common interests. Most notably, teaching and ministry.

Today, I have another adult living under my roof.

I no longer have to accompany him to medical appointments. I don't have to co-sign or sign his documents.

Like his older brother before him, this young man is ready for adulthood. He has proven himself well.

I look forward to the next chapter in our relationship.

Happy birthday, Jesse!

No comments:

Post a Comment