Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Closed doors

Two people who I love dearly are facing closed doors right now. Closed and locked. It's not easy to watch. On the other hand, I have a new appreciation for closed doors.

I used to think that closed doors meant God was sitting in Heaven purposely slamming doors just to see how I would react.  And since my reaction usually involved a complete meltdown, I imagined Him laughing at my immaturity.  How sad.

That's not to say I now face every closed door with a smile and joyfully go skipping off to find an open door.  But I do know my Heavenly Father doesn't delight in putting obstacles in my way, anticipating some crazy door pounding, theatrical tantrum as I try without success to open a locked-and-thrown-away-the-key door.

So, I'm sorry, dear ones, I'm not praying for those doors to open.  They may.  I am, however, praying that you would see God's goodness and His plan for you in the midst of closed doors.  I'm praying that your faith would not waver; that your view of God would be accurate and genuine. I pray that you would see the new path for what it is; better than anything you could have imagined for yourself.

Press on!

No comments:

Post a Comment