Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Monday, April 2, 2012

On a scale of 1 to 10

It's that time again. We have a pre-driver in the house and he needs to complete a list of tasks before he can take his permit test.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how'd I do, Mom?

You did great, Jesse. I'd give you a 10.

Thank you, Mom.

No, thank you, Jesse.

Jesse's no procrastinator. He can now check date with mom off his list.

About a month ago, I was gone for the evening and received this message on my cell phone,

Hello, Cindy, this is Jesse. I was wondering if you'd like to go out for dinner and a movie tomorrow night? You can call me back at this number to let me know. Thanks. Bye.

He made me smile. But unfortunately I was busy the next night. Tonight, our schedules were finally free so off we went.

He was very sweet, insisting that I had to pick the movie (I would have preferred Titanic 3D but he wasn't into having me cover his eyes during a certain scene so I said forget it) and the restaurant. He held the door for me. We played games with the sugar packets at the table. We played paper football. I think I won because he seemed to be making up the rules as he went. I suggested we should talk since we were on a date. Shouldn't he be trying to learn more about me? He suggested "Rock. Paper. Scissors." Then he showed me his skill at killing flies. Lovely.

But all-in-all, he definitely passed the test. If he weren't my son, I'd let him date my daughter. He knew the right answers to my dating quiz. We're off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment