Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Flu season

Out on the washline I have a full set of sheets, blanket and quilt. That means that I'm either in the throes of spring cleaning or someone got sick last night.

I'll give you a hint: I can't even begin to think about spring cleaning until schooling is finished for the year and we have 40 days to go before we reach 180.

Yep, we apparently did not make it through flu season unscathed as I had erroneously assumed.

Can someone please explain to me, how it is possible for a father to completely sleep through "Mom, I didn't notice that I threw up in my bed!" (said while standing right next to his ear on his side of the bed), the hallway lights turned on, the loud noises across the hall as I took off all the bedding, (trying to be as loud as possible - my apologies to the sick child's roommate) and put on new bedding, Lysoled the entire house from top to bottom, and did two loads of soiled laundry? And not just once, but twice? And still be able to claim complete innocence in the morning? What? Someone got sick? Really? Who?

Amazing, really. I think I want to be a dad when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment