Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Monday, December 13, 2010

What to say?

You know those things that your kids say and you just don't know how to respond? Like when they insult someone in that person's presence? Or those questions about where babies come from? Well, HopeAnne brought me one of these statements today.

"Mom, I forgot to cry when Snow White died."

What do you say to that? How was I supposed to take this comment? Should I be upset that she appears to have no empathy or compassion? Has she become desensitized to the plight of poor, weak princesses? Or am I looking at this all wrong? Should I be glad that she made it through the saddest part of the movie without crying? Is she a better person than me because I cry pitifully through every tear jerker?

So what did we say to this?

"Thanks for the Facebook status."

No comments:

Post a Comment