Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Now go

"You are now entering your mission field."

This was written above the exit doors of the church John and I attended for a period of time during college. It made a big impact on me and I've thought of it often in the years since. I've wanted to paint it above all of the exit doors in my house and in my church but that didn't seem practicial or aesthetically pleasing. Maybe I shouldn't be so worried about what is and isn't aesthetically pleasing. Sometimes you just gotta do what you just gotta do.

Last year I found a landscape photo that I had taken that reminded me of this quote. It was of a long driveway surrounded by a stone wall and large, established trees. The picture was taken in the fall. With Andrew's help (Andrew, how do I add text to my picture? Mom, you click here where it says "Text". He's such a smart boy) I added this message. It now hangs above the door we use most often. Next to it is a closeup of multi-colored fall leaves with the passage from Matt. 28:18 - 20:

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

But I don't think it's big enough. It needs to make a glaring announcement each time we walk under it. I think I need to give myself a Christmas present this year. Hmmm, I wonder what that could be?

No comments:

Post a Comment