Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

A Corona April Fool's


It's the most wonderful time of the the year... ๐ŸŽผ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ It's the day when parents all over the world can tell me what a terrible parent I am and how I'm hurting my kids by tricking them and making them anxious all day. Well, guess what? It's too late, suckers! I already did ruin them by talking to them the wrong way when they were babies, and not wearing them in wraps named after whales, and not always making them baby food (and never making organic baby food - horrors!), and by letting them have plastic toys, and by buying them cereal, and sending them all to school at some point, and all those other things that good parents aren't supposed to do. So celebrating a certain day only once every 365 days is not going to make one ounce of difference. Promise. The damage has already been done.

And the best part? Because it was March for 297 days and because they haven't been writing the date on the top of their papers for the last 105 of those days, THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT DAY IT IS! They haven't been thinking about it. They haven't been worried about it. No one has mentioned it. And you know what else? 6 of the 9 of them are here to be fooled. And their father. And a niece (she was here loooooonnnnnnggggg before the quarantine so keep your lectures to yourself and don't worry, if we get any more, we'll vote someone off so we can be in compliance with current gathering orders, we aren't un-American, after all). As Ma Ingalls says, "Where there's a cloud, there's always a silver lining."

Except Victor actually tricked me first at 12:31 this morning. The Good Doctor had just come to bed half an hour earlier and dropped something which awakened me. Then Victor got scared but when Victor gets scared he doesn't lie in bed and yell, "Mom, I'm scared." He doesn't walk into my room and say, "Mom, I'm scared." No, he sneaks in, as quietly as he can so that I just hear the floorboards creak. And if I don't hear that and he makes it to within inches of my face, he just stands there silently, breathing on me til I sense him and wake up. Just like on all the episodes of Law and Order, CSI, and Cold Case. And then when I asked him what was wrong, he said, "I think I got scared." Ya think? Well, after the Good Doctor and Victor doing their best to wake me up, I was wide awake. I just had to get started.




I think this is my favorite this year. No harm, no foul. But he is cute, isn't he? Molly thought it necessary to tell me that the toilet was smoking but for the younger generation, we're going to say that Johnny Sitsonhisthrone is just sticking out his tongue.

The classic moldy bread.



HopeAnne was not impressed.

Isaac experienced the mixed-up salt and pepper at lunch.



He said that was a good one. They love me. They really do.




Mariana said she's not a spider person. Oops?

We know who got a shower today and who didn't by those who complained and those who didn't.





Some of you might remember that pile of shoes I posted on Facebook the other day. Since no one got the hint, I just removed one of each. 





Except...stay-at-home orders and everyone is listening so well I guess no one needed their shoes today? I guess I'll just have to keep the pairs til next April when we're allowed to leave the house.

But Victor and I did get the Good Doctor by putting Saran Wrap across the doorway. Good times were had by all. Well, at least by me.

Til next year. Same time. Same place.



No comments:

Post a Comment