Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Trust on the edge

In parenting in general, and in trauma-informed parenting in particular, I have found a complete need to rely on and trust in God's wisdom and goodness. From daily (I try!) time in His Word and sitting with Him to weekly, longer times to rest in Him, I am refreshed, refueled, and revitalized for the task at hand.

Psalm 31: 14 - 15a 
But I trust in you, O Lord; 
I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hands.

Sometimes it's simply, "Jesus, Jesus," repeated over and over.

"Come with me," He often answers.

One day He grabbed my hand and led me into the woods and up a mountain path. Higher and higher, faster and faster, but never tiring.

Finally, we emerged on a cliff-side, over-looking a gorge. The expanse, the vastness, were breath-taking. He held my hand and we looked all around, across, and down.

"Cindy, you can't control even one little part of this scene yet I can, and do, control all of it. I control everything down to each minute detail. I decide how fast the river flows at the bottom, each fish that finds itself in those waters, every insect that crawls or flies, every animal that moves, the weather for each day and so much more! Trust me to have your life in my hands as well. Trust me to be intricately planning every detail of your life, for your good, for the good of many, and for my glory. All for my glory, just as this scene points to me, so will your life do the same. Well done, my good and faithful servant."

He asked me to sit down with Him, on the edge of the cliff, feet dangling. I protests. I was afraid. He reminded me that He would not let me fall.

"Sit with me," He said. "Rest."

So I sat with my Savior, leaning against Him, feeling the strength and love that pour from Him, allowing myself to be cared for, watching my burdens melt from me into Him, receiving energy for my day.

"Come to me in this way everyday. Come to me. Be with me. This is what I desire. this is where you find my peace, joy, energy, strength, and wisdom."

Psalm 139: 5 - 6 
You hem me in - behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

No comments:

Post a Comment