Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, September 7, 2018

Be still

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God. 
I will be exalted among the nations, 
I will be exalted in the earth.

Taken to the most basic, this is the answer for everything, isn't it? Asking for wisdom for a particular situation? Be still, and know that I am God. Need patience for that child who has once again pushed your buttons? Be still, and know that I am God. Need peace in the midst of worry? Be still, and know that I am God. Joy in discouraging and troubling circumstances? Be still, and know that I am God.

But the promise doesn't end with knowing His Sovereignty. Not only will we know who He is in the stillness, but He will be exalted. Whatever the situation, whatever the circumstance, He is God and He will be exalted.

If only we came here first - to stillness. But we don't. We so quickly forget. We worry. We try to figure things out on our own. We make ourselves busy.

Today, let's take time to just be still. To be quiet. To listen. To know God. And to see His glory.

Be still, and know that I am God.
Be still, and know that I am.
Be still, and know.
Be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment