Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, May 26, 2017

You've been in the Son

I'm learning the joy and value of spending time in God's Presence. Several years ago we watched Compelled by Love, a documentary about Heidi Baker and her ministry to the people of Mozambique. In the documentary, she says that she has to spend 3 hours soaking the presence of her Savior daily and that without that time, she couldn't do what she is doing. I know I'm not Heidi Baker and I don't live in her culture, but that comment has not left me. She's right. We can't expect to serve if we aren't being filled by the One who gives us the life and breath to serve.

This morning as I was soaking and praying and listening, Jesus and I went for a walk on the beach. Nothing unusual there, that's often where He takes me and I love the conversations we have in my sanctified imagination. But this morning, He walked me into the water, just where the waves were lapping around our feet. We stopped walking and He turned my face toward the sun and told me to look at it. He said, "Just as people know you've been in the sun when they see your tanned skin, people will know you've been with the Son because you will radiate me."

"When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus. Acts 4:13

These were the same men who cowered in fear when Jesus was arrested and crucified. But they didn't stay there. We do grow and mature in the Spirit but only if we spend time with Jesus. The Message translation says, "...they were seen as companions of Jesus." I want to be seen as a companion of Jesus, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment