Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day Revisited

Mother's Day. I survived.

A beautiful hand-lettering of one of my favorite hymns.

A beautiful mug with one of my favorite phrases, "There's always room for one more."

And the best part of these two gifts? One was a missions trip fundraiser and the other an adoption fundraiser. Win-win.

A photo with one of my beautiful daughters and lunch with seven of my wonderful children.

And I'll end with this...

What I Love About My Mom by Mariana
(Mariana bought a little fill-in-the-blank book for Mother's Day. Classic.)

I love your passion.

I love hearing stories about your camp counseling years.

You inspire me to be honest about my joys/struggles.

I love it when you call me "Ana". I always noticed that you call me Ana and Dad calls me Mariana. I don't know why but I love it.

I'm humbled by your work ethic (and so is everyone).

I love remembering the time we went to NYC to see Wicked with MomMom.

I'm thankful I got your appreciation for sarcasm.

I love that you still pray for me.

I hope to be as selfless as you one day.

I am so thankful that you raised me to be so independent.

I love how you never say "no" to a deep conversation.

I love how you always are willing to help those in need.

When I was little, I loved to watch you sew in the basement.

If I had to describe you in one word, it'd be passionate.

I'd love it if we could go to Panera together soon.

If you were a dance, you'd be the square dance.

I love getting your advice on how I can use my passions for others.

You have the prettiest arms - I know this is odd but you have great arms!

I never get tired of your "I'm gonna pee my pants" laugh.

I love how you never get tired of my impulsive decisions.

You are so honest, sarcastic, and entertaining.

If you were a scent, you'd be whatever that Burt's Bees Lotion is.

I love that you encourage me to not rely on you and Dad for everything. That is something I see college friends have a hard time with.

Sometimes your ability to wake up early for Jesus time amazes me.

It makes me laugh to think how you are going to have to transition to "grandma" soon but people still think you are too young to have birthed 5 babies.

I'd be lost without your support and hot chocolate.

I love that you taught me cursive. It's awful but at least I can read it.

You cook the best cookies ever.

I love how good you are at working with Victor.

When we are apart it makes me happy to think about how I know you are praying for me.

I wish I had known you when you were in high school. I hope I am the kind of person that could have been your friend. I also want to punch the mean girls. TBH

I love going to the grocery store with you. It was one of my favorite things growing up.

I love your taste in books.

I hope you get to perform like your favorite speaker, Jen Hatmaker, soon...and you will.

I have to admit you're always right about people. You are good at discerning people.

I love those overalls you used to wear.

I admire your dedication to these kids and your family.

You deserve the "Craziest Person Ever" award.

I love the sound of your voice when you sing (yes!).

I love that you love my career choices and independence.

I love to play Dutch Blitz with you.

I still can't believe you are still so normal after these kids. I thought we would mess you up.

I love it when you write like a comedian.

I love how you have such strong convictions.

I always want to hear what you are going to say about my hair/clothes, etc. You always say, "Well, it's interesting."

It makes me smile when you give me a hug.

I love to (when I'm home) wash the dishes for you.

Nobody else can give me life/spiritual advice like you.

Thank you for being my friend.
<3 p="">
<3 p="">The End.
<3 p="">
<3 p="">





No comments:

Post a Comment