Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Shoot. Now I'm going to cry.

O Lord my God! When I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made.
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee:
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

Baccalaureate started out with this congregational song. And immediately, a slideshow began running through my mind.

Infertility. Prayers. Begging. Angry tears. And answered prayers.

A son.

Then major surgery. That moment when we handed him off to the nurse and didn't know if we'd see our son alive again.

School. A difficult move. A broken arm. Glimpses of who he was mean to be. Teen years. Sadness. Discouragement. Praying through.


God's miraculous leading to Asbury. Disappointments. Growing. True identity. Friendships. Co-collaborators. Awards. Love. Character. Favor.

And always, answered prayers. Prayers not always answered our way or in our timing. But growth for Mom, Dad, and Son, along the way. Learning to wait. Learning to give your most beloved possessions to the Lord. Learning to trust God's goodness and plans. Learning that "My God is so much bigger than all of that."  Learning that God is good. All the time.

All the time. God is good.
Andrew and Sarah
CanJoe* Team
Sarah and Andrew again


No comments:

Post a Comment