Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Birthday child #1

It's that time of year again.

Birthday Child #1 for this October is Shoun.

Shoun's year was marked by an amazing trip to Kenya with the Good Doctor and my dad (who, little-known fact, also has a nickname of "The Doctor", but not given to him by me) along with Shoun's Uncle Eric.

It was a trip of many missions, all of which were accomplished according to God's will.

It was also a trip of many memories between family members joined not by blood but by God.

He doesn't want a lot to be said about this trip and I will (reluctantly) honor that but today, on his 16th birthday, we honor Shoun and all that is part of him. As we shared birthday words of encouragement with him, we marveled at how far he has come, how much he has matured, and how the real Shoun is shining through.
Oops, someone couldn't wait to take a bite.

From the very beginning, I've thought of Moses when I think of Shoun. Moses, too, had to leave his people to live with another family. But God never left Moses and every experience in his life, was leading up to saving his people. I believe that God has a plan for Shoun as well, a plan that will use every experience of his life to impact many. May Shoun walk with boldness into that destiny.

Exodus 15: 2 - 6, 13


“The Lord is my strength and my defense;

    he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
    my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
The Lord is a warrior;
    the Lord is his name.
Pharaoh’s chariots and his army
    he has hurled into the sea.
The best of Pharaoh’s officers
    are drowned in the Red Sea.
The deep waters have covered them;
    they sank to the depths like a stone.
Your right hand, Lord,
    was majestic in power.
Your right hand, Lord,
    shattered the enemy.


In your unfailing love you will lead

    the people you have redeemed.
In your strength you will guide them
    to your holy dwelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment