Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sweet 16!

Dear M,

Happy 16th birthday!

We are thrilled that we can celebrate such a momentous occasion with you but we also recognize that we have missed so many before. I'm sorry for that but oh, so thankful that you are in our home now.

As you've probably noticed in our hallway of pictures, I choose a Bible verse to pray over each child. Way back i April, when we first heard about you, I was thinking that it would take me a while to choose a passage for you; that I would have to get to low you a bit first. Then one morning I woke up around 3:30 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep. When that happens, I choose a person or situation to pray for. As I prayed for you and your transition to our home, it came to me - Hebrews 12:2. The morning before my sleepless night, I was in a meeting where this verse was used in a devotional. When I came home, Pastor Susan had posted this same verse on Facebook with some of her thoughts. When a verse shows up more than once in a short period of time, I ask what God might be trying to tell me. Nothing came to me - until that sleepless morning. I came to realize that these verses (I have added verses 1 and 3) are meant for you and will have significance for you.

Hebrews 12: 1 - 3
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses,
let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.
And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.
For the joy set before Him He endured the cross, scorning its shame,
and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinners,
so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

It is clear to me already that God is the author (as some versions translate it) and perfecter of your faith. I'm glad you have so many in your cloud of witnesses already and believe that you will find more and more people to support you in life and faith. Choose well. it will make a huge difference as you make decisions and choose a direction for your life.

I know that you also like Jeremiah 29:11 - 13: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Many people know and love verse 11 but they forget that there is more: call on Him, pray to Him, listen to Him, seek Him - then you will find Him.

i hope you know how special you are to us already. We pray that this year will be one of good decisions, spiritual growth, and bonding with our family.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment