Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sugar month begins




And thus begins October birthday season in the King household...

October 9th is the special day for two special children in our house.  Both Shoun and Eden share the honors on this day.  In order to give them each their own celebrations (and to keep us from having to eat two donuts on one day), we take turns celebrating with one on the 9th and the other on the 10th.  Last year Shoun got to go first so this year it's Eden's turn to have her birthday on her birthday.

About a month ago my cousin asked several people to fill out a puzzle piece and mail it back to her daughter for her birthday.  I thought it was a great idea so I stole it.  Sorry, Teri.  Knowing it's wrong to  outright plagiarize, however, I did change it up.  Community Aid was a great help because as I looked at their puzzle section, I found a great Dr. Seuss birthday themed puzzle.  Don't judge me, but we often repurpose used items as gifts.  Hey, it's going to be used as soon as you open the box, anyway.  I took a risk, hoped all the pieces would be there when I got the puzzle home, and bought it.  After completing the puzzle just to be sure, I sent pieces to various friends and relatives, asking them to write a note to Eden.  That was my second risk, would they all be returned?  And with just 24 hours to spare, they were!

What fun to read through the pieces while doing the puzzle,

then to reread them while putting it away.  This is a gift to save.

But now, off to Allenberry for the opening of Wait Until Dark.  My birthday girl looks pretty good in the kind of short hems and knee socks that I would have worn as a child, doesn't she?






2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Eden! We hope your day is super special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my little Elfkin! Miss you all and see you in a few months! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete