Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Cookies or hot chocolate?

It's October 1st which also means that it's Sock Day.  Just a little tidbit we all should know.  Actually, I'm quite thrilled to know this because I'm all about socks.  Not the wear-different-colored-socks fad, never got into that one.  Just the always-need-socks-so-my-feet-aren't-cold-cause-if-my-feet-are-cold-I'm-freezing socks.  Quite plain socks are best.  And now you know a little known fact about me.  It's really not so little known, it's pretty well known.  It's nothing new, either.  For my wedding, my aunt found me a congratulatory card with the words, "The joy of sox" written across the top.  It's true.  There is obviously a card designer out there somewhere who knows how necessary socks are to a girl's wardrobe.  At least there was one other one in the early 90s.  I don't know what happened to him/her after the production of that card line.

But back to October 1st.  This also means the month of perpetual birthdays for my immediate and extended family.  I was told not to marry someone with an October birthday.  With a November birthday, the Good Doctor almost didn't pass inspection but managed to just squeak by.  But then I produced 2 more October birthdays and adopted one.  Oops.

The 1st of October means that I have now been home from Utah for a little more than 2 months and things are finally settling down.  I say that in very general terms as things never really settle down for the King clan and I still have 4 piles of while-I-was-gone paperwork to complete (Yes, if you've been following closely you know that it used to be 3 piles.  That would be correct but the piles have been multiplying even as I complete things that need to be done).  And now that I've been home for a good while, it's time to start chipping away at that adoption debt again.

Our adopttogether account has slowly been inching up but since we don't like this hanging over our heads, it's time to get working again.

During the month of October we will be promoting sales of our cookies and hot chocolate packs.  This would be a great time to send a care package to a college student.  Let us do the work for you.  Just send us the name and address and we'll do the rest.  You can include a personal note if you'd like.

1 Dozen Pregnant Cookies (an Oreo stuffed inside a chocolate chip cookie) - minimum donation of $20
Add $10 if you want us to mail them
1  Dozen Hot Chocolate Packs (made by Eden) - minimum donation of $20
Add $7 if you want us to mail them

Email your orders to kingzoo@comcast.net

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I found your blog through Adeye Salem's blog. And am I glad I did! I spent the better part of yesterday, reading about Victor's journey. I was crying and laughing! I got excited when I saw that you are from PA! I got even more excited when I read that you live in Mech! I work in Mech and live in Etown! I work in at a business in the Cumberland Parkway Giant Plaza! You and your family are amazing!! I have to admit, I'd love to meet you guys! Much love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Talk about a small world! We would love to meet you! Any chance you could come to Mechanicsburg Brethren in Christ Church on a Sunday morning? Or since we are at that Giant about every other day or so, maybe we could meet you over there sometime? Why don't you send a message to our email above?

      Delete