Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Renewed resolutions

Seems as if New Year's resolutions are so old school; so 80s.  It's a good thing since the only time I ever remember writing New Year's resolutions were when my language arts or English teachers told me I had to do so.  I probably wrote down whatever I thought the teacher expected me to write because that's the kind of student I was (at least in the early years).

I've been reading a lot of blogs that tell me the new trend is to pick one word to describe the upcoming year.  That seems a bit backwards to me because you'd think you should pick a word to describe your year-in-review.  It seems much easier to sum up the year past in a word such as surprising, growing, or resigned.

But I guess ease isn't the point in choosing a word for the new year.  I have to admit that in just the first week I see a theme popping up in my conversations, devotions, and even in my Sunday School class yesterday.  The word is renewing.

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God - this is your true and proper worship.  Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing, and perfect will.  Romans 12: 1 - 2.

So that's it.  That's my word.  Let's see where it takes me in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment