Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Fight the good fight

It was a rough week.  It's been a rough month.  In fact, things have just been a bit crazy for quite some time.  Car trouble.  All three cars.  Tempers.  Tantrums the likes of which have never been seen in my house.  Attitudes.  Some days I feel like I'm living with Jekyll and Hyde, and there are nine of them!

And then I ran across this blog, written two years ago but so relevant for my family today.  Really, I don't think adoption is the key point here; I think that anyone following God's will, opening doors for others to join the kingdom, will find battle.  Unfortunately, we were caught off-guard, our defenses were down, and we suffered the onslaught.

But in the midst of turmoil, breakthrough.  Tonight, as I said my usual, "Good night, I love you," it was returned with, "I love you, too."  Three words I've never heard from this child and often wondered if I ever would.  Really?  You chose tonight to speak them aloud for the first time in this home?  In the midst of anger and resistance?

Yeah, I'm counting my blessings over here.  We may have suffered in a few battles, but we're not losing the war.  It's already been won!

1 Timothy 6:12
Fight the good fight for the true faith.  Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses.

Please remember us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment