Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Monday, August 30, 2010

The firsts

The first day of school brings out many firsts for the King clan -

First day of 10th grade - Wow! Did I just say that I have a 10th grader? I think I'll pretend it ain't so. However, since he's the best high school student I know, I think I'll keep him.

First day of 8th grade - My second son set off for school wearing his Eagles jersey, mostly because his homeroom teacher is a Cowboys fan. That's my boy. He refused to let me walk him to the bus so that was kind of disappointing but I got over it.

First day of 7th grade - My "I'd rather be acting" daughter got off to a great start. Let's keep it up!

First day of 4th grade - My merry wanderer is now in 4th grade, and still wandering. Tomorrow I'm going to tie him to a chair so he can't leave til he's done. Otherwise he finds all sorts of ways to disappear.

First day of kindergarten - And it couldn't come soon enough according to Eden, although she was a little confused as she didn't actually GO anywhere. I think she's wondering what the big deal is.

Not to be outdone, HopeAnne had her first day of viola lessons. Surprisingly she did great! Attentive for one whole half hour.

And then there's Rachel. This is her first day in the King household. Boy is she in for a shock! Or a treat. It's all in your perspective.

Speaking of perspective, we played a concert last night for Stephen Bloom who is running for State Representative. It was a pig roast at a farm. There was also a corn maze so they let everyone enjoy the maze. After going through the maze with her big brother, Hope emerged and immediately asked if she could go back in the forest. It's all in your perspective.

So, perspectives on all of these firsts?

Andrew thinks he's going to have a great year. He likes all of his teachers. However, he admits that he thought Lindsey the Science Teacher was pretty good last year. Until the 2nd day. It went downhill from there. He thinks one of his teachers is really old. At least 40. Perspec;tive, right?

Jesse had way too much fun with his teachers and that Eagles jersey. Apparently his homeroom teacher looked at him and the first words out of her mouth were, "Do you have an older brother named Andrew?" Then it was the same story in English where Andrew's favorite teacher asked Jesse the very same question, in reference to the same shirt.

Mariana says she had "kind of fun and it seems like it's going to be a good year, at least math is going to be great." Wow! Is that my daughter?

Isaac thinks 4th grade was okay. Other than that he doesn't care. And that's my Isaac, a man of few words.

Eden says kindergarten was good. Then I realized she was talking about her preschool into kindergarten graduation at church. That made quite an impression. School today did not.

HopeAnne likes Ms. Barb because she was playing viola with her, even though she didn't get to do "Watermelon, Watermelon."

And Rachel, I'm afraid to ask her perspective. It was a little loud at dinner. But that was with 8 Kings, 5 Algers and 1 Brubaker. Should I tell her it'll be just as loud when it's only 8 Kings and 1 Alger? Probably not. Better to let her find out for herself. At 7:00 in the morning, when the house is really hoppin.

No comments:

Post a Comment