Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, December 28, 2018

Victor-isms to brighten your life

Mom, be a lad and get me more syrup, please.
*pause*
What's a lad?

********************
Isaac: Victor, Andrew and Sarah will be home from their honeymoon soon.
Victor: Will they have a baby?

Now how does he even know anything about all that???????

So we asked him.

Isaac: Victor, how does someone get a baby?
Victor: When someone dies, you take care of their baby.

Ummm, I think this confusion might be my fault. But we're just going to leave it at that for now.

********************

Victor likes to take coins out of a bowl in my bedroom and put them in his money jar. One day I jokingly said, "Hey, you can't just take my money!" Without missing a beat, Victor replied, "But that's the easiest way to get money."
*******************

Victor spent two nights in Children's Hospital in October for some endocrine testing. The catheter was his least favorite part of this hospitalization. However, he was enamored with this item and brought home a new vocabulary word, "Foley." While in the hospital, he told me that we needed to buy a lot of Foleys. When I asked him why, he told me to use as decorations. Prying a bit more into what kind of decoration, he told me they should be glued to the walls. The next day he told me that when he gets big he's going to purchase a few Foleys so that if someone doesn't get to the bathroom in time, he can just insert one. Yes, that's what he said. Don't worry, I warned his kindergarten teachers before he returned to school. And it's a good thing. One of his aides took a sick day. When she returned and Victor found out she had been sick, he took her cheeks in his hands, got right up in her face and asked, "Did you have to have a tube?"
*******************

Me: Here you go, Victor, I found Buster and Ash for you.
Victor: Thank you, Mommy. You took initiative.
********************

Me: Victor, what do you want for supper?
Victor: Well, let's pretend this is a drive-through and it's Arby's.
Me: Okay, but I'm not promising that we are going to have what you order like a real drive-through.
Victor: That's okay. We'll just pretend it's McDonald's.
Me: Well...never mind.
********************

Me: Victor, what do you call it when the bear sleeps all winter?
Victor: Bear-a-caving.
********************

Victor (coming in the room to wake me up): Mom, I just found something I was delighted in!
Me: Really? Delighted in? What was that?
Victor: The Christmas tree has lights and I was so delighted!
********************

Will there be a YMCA in Heaven?
********************

When Midnight, the brown chicken was found dead, Victor had many questions and misperceptions about all of this. After helping John bury the chicken, he still didn't understand and told us, "Me and my father dug a ditch. But she's too dead to be buried tonight." Only, they had just done the deed. We don't know what he thought he was doing.
********************

Isaac was reading questions from a Chick-Fil-A Kids' Meal toy:

What's the biggest building you've ever seen?
The Kindergarten Academy

Would you rather live in a big city or a small town?
I think Pennsylvania is fine.
********************

Mom, I love you to pieces. I will always love you. Even if bad men tell me not to love you anymore, I will still love you.

Fifteen minutes later, after being told he couldn't do something that he wanted to do: I love you less and less.
********************

Victor received a talking watch for Christmas. He wrapped up his thoughts with this phrase: This is going to brighten my life.
********************

No comments:

Post a Comment