Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Monday, October 15, 2018

We're here!

Well, this is taking longer than it should have. All those King birthdays and all. And don't get too excited. We have so many photos that we have to do this in shifts. You might not find this so meaningful, but these posts get bound in to a book at year-end, and I want the memories recorded. So, (spoiler alert) this installment still does not include the wedding. Go eat your bon-bons and come back tomorrow.

October 6 did come around, finally. I surprised even myself by being able to just enjoy the day. No worries. No fuss. Well, except for the wild card, Victor, whose actions, for better or for worse, would reflect on me as his mother. And with Dad busy officiating, any unorthodox behavior on his part would fall to me or the SWAT Team (aka Megan and Jake). The latter two were under strict orders to swoop in and haul him out if need be. Armed with keys to the van and one of Victor's favorite movies keyed up and ready to go...

But of course there was much to do before go-time...

Since I am fashion-challenged, my daughter volunteered to do hair and make-up. Thank goodness for daughters more worldly than I.



Every mother of the groom shows up with a Cars bag full of toys and snacks instead of a small black clutch full of Kleenex, right?


That's my boy!



And more boys...






And my girls!


My family


And the grandmothers who did a mighty fine job of color-coordinating. They must have discussed this ahead of time.



Mom and Dad ready? Check
Ring bearer ready? Check
Grandparents ready? Check
Bride and Groom ready? Check

Most importantly, SWAT Team ready? Check

Let's go!


No comments:

Post a Comment