Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

97


Today is my grandmother's 97th birthday. At least we think it is. There is some confusion over the exact date. Her birth certificate has one date, she celebrated another for 90+ years, or something like that. But there's no contesting the year or her age. Although she has been known to switch the numerals when it's convenient. That would make her "just" 79 this year.

Victor loves to visit with her. Alone. Everyone else was kicked out the last time he visited. He had all kinds of questions. We probably don't want to know what they were.
One of the things I have enjoyed is seeing her projects, using the items made with her hands, and talking about what she is making or has recently made. It's more difficult for her to work with her hands these days but she is still passing along the crafting tradition.

Somewhere in the 90s, my mom decided we would have a 3 generations quilt. The school where I taught held an auction every year to raise funds for the school. She suggested that we make a quilt for the auction. And why not choose a school-related theme for our quilt?


So we divided up the project among the three of us (I'm pretty sure I had the smallest portion but that's okay). Turned out pretty nice if I do say so myself. I don't remember who bought it or for how much or if we even know where it might be displayed, if it is even still displayed, but I am thankful we had the opportunity to work together on this project.

Happy 97th birthday, Grandmom!

No comments:

Post a Comment