Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Victor-isms to end the year

V: Hey, Jesse, I'm blind. I can only see a little bit out of this eye (pointing to his right) and this one (pointing to his left) is just for decoration.

*We have no idea where he got this idea of having an eye just for decoration.*



V: Mom, what's this?
Me: A yardstick.
V: Why's it so long?
Me: To measure long things.
V: Like an elephant's trunk?
Me: Sure.



Me: Victor, it's time to get dressed. What would you like to wear today?
V: Dance party clothes because I'm dancing with my record player.
Me: Okay, what do dance party clothes look like?
V: (Starts to dance)
Me: Great but what do dance party CLOTHES look like?
V: My Batman shirt and tight pants.
Me: Okay then.




V: When are you going to put up the mistletoe?
Me: How do you know about mistletoe?
V: Eden told me. Mommies and daddies kiss on the lips under it.
(Eden, when questioned, explained that she and Victor were singing Have a Holly Jolly Christmas and he wondered what the mistletoe was.)
V: So, where do you have the mistletoes?
Me: I don't have any mistletoe.
V: I want one for my birthday, for you to hang up. Can we buy some? Can you look for some at the grocery store?


*Victor finally found his mistletoe at Uncle Blair's Christmas dinner on Sunday. He was very pleased to be able to kiss Mariana and PopPop under the mistletoe.*


A conversation with a special friend who spent the day with Victor:

Victor: Are the bags on the seat beside you?

Friend: One bag is on the seat beside me. The others are in the trunk

Victor: The elephant's trunk?

Friend: No, the trunk of the car.

Victor: Is it big?


Friend: Yes.

Victor: Like the elephant's trunk?

Friend: No.

Victor: The elephant's trunk is long.

Friend: Yes, that's right. Did you learn about elephants at

        school?

Victor: No we don't have elephants at school. Do you

             have elephants at your house? Does Rylee (a pet bunny) like

              elephants?

Friend: No, I don't have elephants at my house and I

        don't think Rylee would like them.

Victor: I don't have elephants at my house because

            they poop. Where are elephants?

Friend: In the jungle or in the zoo.

Victor: Do you go to the zoo?

Friend: I haven't been to the zoo for a long time.

Victor: I want you to go to the zoo. Go to the zoo

            tomorrow.

Friend: Would you like to go to the zoo with me?

Victor: No I'm too busy.




Another conversation with his special friend who had also taken him to lunch at the retirement community where she works:

Friend: Victor, I need both hands to carry our plates, so

         I need you to hold on to my pants so I know you

        are with me.

(He did exactly as asked.)

Another staff member: You did a good job listening. You are a good boy.

Victor (with a huge smile): Yes, and I'm soooo cute too! [😊]




And on the way home from his special time with his friend (he was on a roll that day):
On the way home:

Friend: You are such a big boy.

Victor: I'm 4 and next I'm 5.

Friend: Then you can go to kindergarten.

Victor: No, I won't go to kindergarten because I might hate kindergarten.

(That was the "word of the day". Everything was either "I hate..." or "I used to hate...")

Friend: You might like it. I think you should go to kindergarten.

Victor: I can't go to kindergarten.

Me: Why not?

Victor: I have to go to high school with Isaac.




Mariana: Victor, I love you.
V: I love ham.


S.S. Teacher: Who is going to sing in the children's choir Christmas Eve?
Victor: (Proud smile on his face) I am! I'm the best singer in the world!



V: (Upon entering a room) I don't like quiet places.

*No other comment needed. That's Victor's life in a nutshell. And ours.*

No comments:

Post a Comment