Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Don't fight, don't fix

Some days trauma lies just below the surface.

And some days, trauma comes spilling out all over things, and houses, and people.

And some days I feel like I'm the only one truly fighting the battle and I am out of strength and ammunition.

And in those moments God speaks to me, "I fight your battles. You don't fight. You don't fix. You can't fix or change anyone.  Come to me. Watch. Learn from me. Lean on me. I will fight. I began a good work and I will see it through to completion. I will draw all to myself. I always keep my promises. But I do so in my time because I can see the big picture. Trust me."

He never promises that loving others will be easy. But He promises to be there.

"The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment