Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Good, good

You and Me



Good...Good

The question has been asked of us and around us, Can white families adopt children of other races and cultures?  Just last weekend the Good Doctor and I attended an adoption conference and in one of the break-out sessions we listened to a Black adoptee talk on the topic, "Can Black and White Mix?"

Maybe for some, the jury is still out, but I can say that for my family, just as my 7 year old daughter demonstrated in her unprompted drawing, "You and me, many colors, good, good."

No comments:

Post a Comment