Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Week

I think my family is glad that Valentine's Week is almost over.  Yes, week.  Why celebrate only one day when you have a whole week?  And the one day thing is mush gushy, lovey dovey for me anyway.  Might as well make it a family love celebration and avoid that romantic hoopla.

Each morning and evening I forced them to eat off the good dishes, by candlelight.  Each morning had a surprise food or gift as well.

You might have thought I'd asked them to eat blindfolded with a clothespin on the nose and their hands tied behind their backs.

Oh well.  It's one of those things they're going to thank me for someday.

Someday a long, long, long time from now.

I can wait.

1 comment: