Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Yearbooks

Now be honest all you folks over 30 (I could probably say all those over 20 but just to be safe, I'll go a little higher), how often do you look at your high school yearbook? Do you even know where it is? Or has it been so long since your mother said, "Get these things out of my house" that you've completely forgotten where you stashed them?

Honestly, as if the hair styles and clothing choices weren't bad enough, there just aren't any good memories that make me take these tomes off the shelf and peruse them on a regular basis (regular here being relative as in about every ten years).

But my boys just came home with their yearbooks and with ninth and eleventh grades fresh in their memories, and lines of friends just waiting to sign their books, they're super-excited. As are we. Because, you see, Son #2 made it on the two-page spread of pages 10 and 11.

Yep, that's my boy, the Wildcat. The pictures are great, but the interview's better. You have to hear it in his words:

Q: How did you become the Wildcat?
A: Well...I wanted to be a cheerleader, but I tanked my tryout, so they made me the mascot.

Q: What's your favorite part about being the Wildcat?
A: Chicks dig it. (Single, and free to mingle, ladies!)

Q: What skills must you have to be the Wildcat?
A: None...I sucked at tryouts, remember?

Q: How long do you plan on being the Wildcat?
A: Hopefully only another threee years...I'm not planning on failing.

Q: Why did you decide to become the Wildcat?
A: The Angel Gabriel descended from Heaven and told me that, according to a mandate from God, I was destined to become the mascot. I'm just following orders.

Q: What has being the Wildcat taught you?
A: All cheerleaders are blondes (It's a true stereotype).

Q: What do you think the Wildcat means to Mechanicsburg?
A: The Wildcat is a symbol of strength, excellence, and good looks. Mostly the last one...

Q: What's the worst part about being the Wildcat?
A: Being attacked by Munchkins.

Q: Is it hard not to talk while being the Wildcat?
A: Not relevant. I ignore this rule.

Q: Is it hot in the Wilcat costume?
A: I'm hot enough. WITHOUT the costume!

That's my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment