Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Boys. I mean, men.

To my sons reading this post, I am not in any way saying that I am ready for you to date or that you are ready to date. I am, however, saying that when that day comes (10 or more years down the road sounds like a good time-frame), you will make a great catch for some lovely young woman.

Fact: My sons have had to live with me.

Fact: My sons have had to live with three sisters.

What more proof do you need? They know how to relate to (deal with?) the opposite sex.

Take this recent conversation as Exhibit A in my arsenol of evidence:

Andrew: I like that jacket.

Mariana: You're just now noticing it?

Andrew: Yes, and I like it.

Mariana: Mom, can you believe it? I've had this jacket for over a month and he's just now noticing it. I wear it all the time and he never noticed it before????

Andrew: Uh-oh. I can see where this is going. It's a good thing you're my sister and not my wife, otherwise I'd hear (imagine the following in perfect feminine pitch, inflection and emotion) You are just now noticing my jacket? I bought it over a month ago, just for you. I've worn it all the time, just for you. I even wore it the past three days, just for you and YOU NEVER NOTICED IT! (crying now) I can't believe that I bought this nice jacket and it has taken you a whole month to notice it. What is wrong with you? Why can't you notice things like this?

Mariana: Wow. He's good.

Mom: Yes, he will make a great husband someday. I hope he thanks us.

And all you of the female persuasion who are about the same age as my sons, come back in about 10 years. By then they should not only know how to mimic you, but also to live with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment