Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Peace, peace

Lots happening this weekend, the excitement level in the house is pretty high, and I'll admit, I was feeling extremely stressed. Believe it or not, that can happen pretty easily with a full weekend. But, as often happens, the right words came at just the right time.

I've been reading Praying the Names of Jesus by Ann Spangler. It has opened my eyes to various aspects of Jesus that I have previously overlooked, forgotten, or neglected. This morning, settling down with my book, my Bible, and my journal, I read "Prince of Peace" at the top of the page. I learned that the title, Prince of Peace, is only used in the Old Testament but in the New Testament Jesus is revealed as the source of all peace. One of the reflection questions got me thinking: When I am not experiening Christ's peace, what can I change or do so that I can participate more deeply in His peace?"

A good question for the day and when my time on the couch was complete, I found the stress level had decreased and the peace had increased. It was still a busy day, yet peace-filled.

God is good.

Off to Gotcha! Night. What could be better than bringing home a son?

No comments:

Post a Comment