Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Friends

We have such wonderful friends. They bring us meals when we have surgery, they help transport our kids, they invite us to their houses (not for the faint of heart), and they give us their hand-me-downs. But one very wise and giving friend stepped it up a notch by sending us this message:

Want a 4 month old?

My heart was beating, my hands were shaking, and I was using every ounce of self-restraint to keep from shouting, "John and Cindy Plus Eight!" from the rooftop.



So, I did the only thing I could do. I replied that I would absolutely love to take in a 4 month old, tell me where to sign. I was so excited my hands hit the L in absolutely too many times. But who's going to grade spelling at a time like this?

And then I read my husband's response and I got even more excited, "SURE!!! We'll adopt all the children of the world," and I was singing praises to my husband's miraculous change of heart.

But then a quick trip to reality when I read the rest of his message, "Seriously, that would be completely overwhelming to me personally right now, but probably not for Cindy."

Okay, I guess he's right. We really should take this one child at a time. I always did rejoice when those ultrasounds showed only one baby. Twins would probably not be in our best interests at this time, even if they are 10 years apart. I was thinking there's definitely space for a crib in Andrew's room, though, so if John should change his mind in the next day or two . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment